FS: DT Swiss XR1 26" Disc Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ejls2

New and unused DT Swiss XR1 wheelset as taken from my 2008 Contessa Scale (essentially a pink Scale 15). 32 spoke, centrelock, with unknown blue plasticky rimtape.

These are the same wheels found on the 2009 Sparks and Scales and may wll be specced on 2010 (some photos seem to have them, others don't).

They are good all round XC/trail wheels, not too light but not too heavy (Weightweenies say they're ~1800/pair inc QRs), stiff and with typical DT Swiss quality. I got the Scale as part of a cycle to work scheme a year ago yesterday and immediately swapped the wheels for my old pair of XT/Supercomp/717 wheels for offroad fun and a pair of 700C XT disc wheels for riding to work. Now that the hire purchase agreement has finished I can sell the unused parts to finance a cross bike I'm building for my little brother :welcome:

I used them for a 2 mile test ride and nothing else :wacko: They have been sitting in a box in my wardrobe for a year!

I did consider using them and after a lot of digging was told that they were similar to the X1800 which sell for between £270 and £320. The X1800s only have 28 spokes but seem to have about the same weight so may have a slightly beefier rim.

Here is a link to the review of the X1800s:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/wheel-sets/product/x1800-wheelset-08-32080

One of the spokes has a ding part of the way along which has scratched some of the paint. It happened while the bike was in storage in Evans and hasn't seemed to affect trueness etc.

I'd be happy with any offers around £150 + shipping. I won't charge a penny more for shipping than it costs. Pickup welcome for anyone who is in London. These are listed elsewhere and will be on ebay next week so I reserve the right to pull this without notice.

I also have a pair of centrelock rotors that came with the XT brakes that came with the bike that I'd be happy to throw in for £15 per rotor. Front is 180, rear is 160.

Any q's, please respond or PM. I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Ed

Cubist

Still wavin'
What are the hubs please?

OP
OP
E

ejls2

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, just got back from a weekend riding in Scotland (not on the wheels in question!)

They are, rather unhelpfully, marked as "DT Swiss XR1" same as the rims. I haven't been able to find out much online but I imagine that they are lower end XC rims and probably non-series i.e. made specially for the purpose for Scott. In terms of the freehub rotation, they have a similar feel to 240s, but I'd imagine they're probably built in a slightly less weight weenie manner. The QR skewers are pretty basic. Feel slightly heavier than my XT ones but lighter than a lot of the lower-mid range aftermarket ones available. Again, seems well made (very Swiss!) but not quite top-end DT Swiss perfection if that makes sense?

Happy to provide more photos or answer any other q's :rolleyes: I'll be at work all day tomorrow but should be able to follow up with more info in the evening.

Cheers,

Ed

OP
OP
E

ejls2

I live in Fulham but work in the City so I can meet you in either location at the relevant times of day.

Top Bottom