FSA Tempo crankset - Won't fit Shimano PD-R7000 Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidwar

Hi All,

I'm new here so give me a heads up if i'm breaking rules.

I was previously using flat pedals on my bike (FSA tempo crankset) but decided to swap to cleats so purchased some Shimano PD-R7000 Pedals however i can't screw them in... I've tried forward backwards etc but it's a mechanical fit.. I physically inspected the old pedals vs the new and there is a size difference in the screw part..

Am i missing something? Are some pedals not compatible? I thought pedals we're a 'one size fits all' job?

Thanks in advance,
~David

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very strange, they should fit. Are you sure the thread hasn’t been damaged on the pedal or the crank? Left hand (non drive) side is reverse thread. Pedals are marked L & R.

:welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:
Try putting them in from the inside, remembering which is left hand thread! That way you can use the pedals to recut any damage to the thread.

OP
OP
davidwar

davidwar

Thanks for your advice guys. I'm 99% sure the threads are not damaged and it's not a case of me getting the wrong pedals round or anything. They look like they physically won't fit :/

Last edited:
I had a set of these cranks.

I initially had what you described. The thread starts fairly far back into the crank as opposed to other makes.

You need to offer the pedal up, hold it in place with one hand and turn the crank into the hole with the other to get it to bite and then it should screw in. It is definitely not a one handed job!

OP
OP
davidwar

davidwar

Just took some picture, not sure if they will help but you can see the difference between the shimano 105 pedal and the predecessor

Attachments

• thumbnail_20201004_105650.jpg
    thumbnail_20201004_105650.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 21
  • thumbnail_20201004_105657.jpg
    thumbnail_20201004_105657.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail_20201004_105708.jpg
    thumbnail_20201004_105708.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 21

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
One looks like 1/2", one like 9/16". Would help of the OP had access to some measuring equipment..

Top Bottom