Fuel Supply Issue ? Blockades ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Waitrose were out of pre-packed Pork Joint this morning causing a stampede to the Butchery counter, it was carnage. I would have complained but I didn't want any beef from anyone.

On a serious note, Coconut milk is in short supply ....

Ended up with all the ingredients for thai green curry in my hands, bar the milk - annoying to say the least.

Probably due to the ongoing tree blockades in pakistan

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ended up with all the ingredients for thai green curry in my hands, bar the milk - annoying to say the least.

Probably due to the ongoing tree blockades in pakistan

Don't be palmed-off with any old tree blockade story :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Clearly some of you have missed the news about the world shortage in Greek dips. I was in Waitrose this morning, there was panic buying of Taramasolata, and they were completely out of Tzatsiki. It could be worse than the focaccia rationing of 2008.

Oh I hear Pesto, Olive Oil and Chiabatta are next, so best get down to Waitrose sweetie.

I have an excellent idea.........
Why not drive within the speed limits and accelerate / brake smoothly?

One motoring pundit took out a BMW man as a test and showed a 25% saving in his fuel costs if he drove legally and sensibly!

I wonder if such a concept could catch on?

Quite

When the last blockades were on I drove tickling all the pedals with a feather, though I made reasonable progress in urban 20-30mph zones, I got lots of idiots who presumably wanted to show off how vast their petrol reserves were by wasting it by revving their engines at me should I dare to allow the speed to tail off gradually to as low as 25mph approaching a junction, instead of accellerating up to the line and relying on ABS to halt safely.

Not that the blockades bothered me that much...the local garage supplied allt he taxi drivers so they had queues for "normal" users and a separate coned off lane for taxis only to 2 diesel pumps. One of which was the only one that also dispensed 4-star, and my car at the time was old enough to be quite happy with leaded petrol

So I queued for about 5 minutes to the bewilderment of some (and ire of others who started shouting at me for "queue jumping") to use the 4* pump. I politely informed the angry owners of shiny new catalytic-converter-equipped cars that they were quite welcome to join the 4* queue if they so desired :laugh:

Top Bottom