Fugly cruise ships.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
[QUOTE 4289080, member: 45"]Clearly built for the American market.[/QUOTE]
And families with children.....not a ship i would choose to go on.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 4289080, member: 45"]Clearly built for the American market.[/QUOTE]

Obvs, because we are the epitome of good taste.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 4289115, member: 45"]Of course. If it was aimed at us it would be full of pound shops and micro breweries.[/QUOTE]
or, they could just fill their fresh water tanks with prosecco :okay:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thirteen pages and not a mention of this, the best cruise ship ever? :smile:

Arghhh! Not the Pacific Princess! As a P&O Deck Officer Cadet in 1980/81, myself and a few others found ourselves in Manzanillo, Mexico, on a P&O tanker under contract to Pemex (Mexican Petroleum). The "Love Boat", aka Pacific Princess which was used for the exterior shots, was also in Manzanillo. Princess Cruises was then owned by P&O, and the Officers were all P&O staff. As was tradition when one was in port with a ship from the same company (or even the same country), we set off for a wee "social visit" which normally meant a free bar for the visitors. The miserable nobbers wouldn't even let us up the gangway! Needless to say when they sailed past our berth a few hours later, some "pleasantries" were exchanged across the water!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And, replying to residents' concerns about a projected cruise terminal at Greenwich, Council leader Denise Hyland said, ''I've visited Southampton harbour and didn't see any pollution.'' Crass willful stupidity. I'm glad that the pollution concerns have come up now when there's a Change.org petition up about it. (Originally the plans were for land-based generators so the diesel fumesters could be shut down while moored. This of course disappeared from the plans when it got to approval time.)

Top Bottom