Fuji a2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vassago

I'm noticing my bike is pulling a little harder, though I've been doing inclines It's seem abnormal. I've changed gears switching from small to large sprocket and trimming my chain, I'm still feeling as though the flow is off, any suggestions to get back into the tempo. Smoothly...

Attachments

• IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 30

S-Express

No idea what you mean, sorry.

U

User19783

At a guess
Bottom bracket is beginning to tighten up?
Take the chain of the front, and spin the crank arm, if ok, look for other things.
If not, replace bb.

Tangoup51

Put your bike on a stand or upside down, spin the wheels and see if they stop abruptly or hear any brake pad scraping noise.

Check your Tire pressure and make sure its not too high or too low for your weight and given riding surface.

inspect your chain links to see if there are any seized, rusted or otherwise damaged links that need lubrication or replacement.

OP
OP
Vassago

Vassago

Put your bike on a stand or upside down, spin the wheels and see if they stop abruptly or hear any brake pad scraping noise.

Check your Tire pressure and make sure its not too high or too low for your weight and given riding surface.

inspect your chain links to see if there are any seized, rusted or otherwise damaged links that need lubrication or replacement.
Indeed Thank you!!

OP
OP
Vassago

Vassago

Indeed Thank you!!
My tire pressure 110 fit front and. 120 for Back for oval slicks I'm 235lb

Tangoup51

I'd highly advise you go to the highest tire size your frame will allow. I'm betting a 28c.

You'll enjoy it alot more, it won't be nearly as harsh and you can run lower pressures. I think it might make you faster too, I use to ride 23-25C at 220 lbs and it use to sap my energy alot, the constant vibrations and buzz from the road killed my legs and made everywhere harsh.

at 200 Lbs with 25c Tire it was still harsh, so i'm now running a 32c Tire at 180 lbs.

You'd enjoy it alot more if you upped your tire size. Even 2mm is alot more comfort, but trust me, i'd really recommend you whack on 28c tires. Make sure your frame can accept it though.

OP
OP
Vassago

Vassago

I'd highly advise you go to the highest tire size your frame will allow. I'm betting a 28c.

You'll enjoy it alot more, it won't be nearly as harsh and you can run lower pressures. I think it might make you faster too, I use to ride 23-25C at 220 lbs and it use to sap my energy alot, the constant vibrations and buzz from the road killed my legs and made everywhere harsh.

at 200 Lbs with 25c Tire it was still harsh, so i'm now running a 32c Tire at 180 lbs.

You'd enjoy it alot more if you upped your tire size. Even 2mm is alot more comfort, but trust me, i'd really recommend you whack on 28c tires. Make sure your frame can accept it though.

XL Frame I'll go by the shop see how that will help, Great info thanks indeed...

Top Bottom