Fulcrum Racing 3's & shimano 10 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just bought some Racing 3's along with a 12-25 10 speed cassette. The instructions that came with the wheels say that 11 & 12 cogs are not compatible with the hub. The instruction that came with the cassette says just don't fit the first spacer behind the 25 cog. So I've fitted the cassette and all looks well.......but two questions:

1. I can't change into the 12 cog, is this just an indexing problem?

and 2. Would a bike shop really sell the cassette along with the wheels if they knew it wouldn't fit? I asked them to fit it but they told me something about not being able to fit it as it might damage something on transit.

Radius

SHREDDER
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Radius

SHREDDER
I can't see why a self-professed racing wheel wouldn't be compatible with an 11t cog. It should be an easy job to at least get the rear mech to shift to the smallest cog; don't try and index it perfectly, just try to make sure it can shift to the 12 using the cable tensioner and limit screws. If it doesn't work, then try removing the first spacer.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I can only think that the 11 and 12 refers to groupsets ie the hub is only compatible with 9 and 10 spd systems.

You will be ok when the indexing is sorted.

Radius

SHREDDER
^ This. Would make about as much sense as a cat in a bottle otherwise.

11sep12-cat-in-a-bottle.jpg

accountantpete

Brexiteer
BTW Campag sub-contract the translation out and the translators -who know nothing about bikes - have a hard time getting the English phrasing spot on because of all the technical jargon. Sometimes errors creep in.

Top Bottom