Fulcrum Racing 5 Cyclocross Wheelset 2014 - any views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Chain Reaction are doing a deal on these, and I'm interested because my #2 bike (my current winter bike) is a Norcross Blue which have my Orbrea wheelset from my #1 bike (updated with Fulcrum Quattro Roads) which my LBS suggest are equivalent to Shimano r501s. I have the money - go for it?

U

User6179

Looks like they are still quite expensive , you can usually pick them up for £160 in a sale.

U

User6179

£190 for F5s at Merlin cycles , same as the CX version apart from the bearings I think.

vickster

Legendary Member
I paid £160 for mine last year from CRC (if not less)...still in the box waiting for the bike to be built :biggrin:

U

User6179

[QUOTE 2884866, member: 259"]Thanks Eddy. I think the CX ones are also supposed to have double hub sealing, whatever that means. I paid a bit extra for that as they're on the commuting bike, which does a few thousand miles a year on s***e roads and I'm a sucker for "stuff".:rolleyes:[/quote]

The difference between the double sealed bearings and single is probably about a penny to the manufacturer , you can pop in doubled sealed bearings once the single sealed ones need replacing at about £5 a wheel if you do it yourself:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
£158 at Ribble , enter sale12 code :thumbsup:

Cheers! Ordered (after a slight panic I'd inadvertently ordered about five sets because I didn't understand the process :whistle:) and await to see how good the up-grade will be. Thanks again for the link.

Top Bottom