full slick or hybrids?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John-Ellis

Hi All,

Just in the process of buying some new tyres for my bike.

I have a mountain bike, I like to go out on the toe paths but I also like to go out on the roads.

So would I be better off with hybrids or would full slick tyres be ok.

Cheers

John

Lanzecki

Über Member
It depends on what you intend to ride on. MTB tyres on road are like tractor tyres.

If you are on pure roads, I'd go slicks.

Lanzecki

Über Member
precisely what the op didnt say, but hey.

Not at all. I was making a suggestion. Seem's he went with slicks after all....

Thanks for pointing out your perception that my statement was somehow wrong . Obviously you are a better person then I am.

Maybe you'd like to review all my posts for inaccuracy's. While you are at it feel free to correct spelling and grammar.

Then instead of going off topic, feel free to send me a private conversation to continue pointing out where you think I'm wrong.

Cyclist33

That long ? :smile:

I changed the tires on my MTB a few years ago to slicks. I think I lasted 3 months :smile:

I changed mine to City Jets on June 10th, 2011. On July 15th the same year, I bought a road bike. :whistle:

OP
OP
John-Ellis

John-Ellis

I think if I got myself a road bike my wife would be up for murder because she would kill me lol, so far I have got 2 mountain bikes and I recently got my wife a bike so thats 3 bikes to my name, I think 4 is definatly pushing my luck :smile:

shunter

I changed mine to City Jets on June 10th, 2011. On July 15th the same year, I bought a road bike. :whistle:
I changed from schwalbe marathon plus to city jet on my mtb. The bike runs a lot easier - so much so that I prefer it to the road bike I had so have stored it away out of use. I prefer the more upright position of the mtb and if it takes a little bit more effort and time then maybe it will use more calories.

OP
OP
John-Ellis

John-Ellis

Just fitted the new schwably city jet tyres, I love them no drag what so ever, just been up and down the street a couple of times, cant wait for the weekend to really run them in.

John.

OP
OP
John-Ellis

John-Ellis

Added a couple of pictures of my bike with the new tyres.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366314438659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366314438659.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366314457312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366314457312.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom