Full suss for £1500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
Call me a cynic, but when something is too good to be true, it normally is. Normally is not always, of course.

Yes, I posted before I'd taken any time to look at the website, and as soon as I saw their contact details, alarm bells started ringing for me too. I was also amused to see in their "opening times" (they do say they have a store) that you can shop online 24 hours, except Sunday. I'll have to check back on Sunday and see if their website has vanished :laugh:

In any case, even if they are genuine, and even if they do have the bike, I'd be paying at least an extra 21% in VAT even if there isn't any anti-dumping duty, which makes the price rather less competitive. (Lots of things do slip through coming into Spain, but I can't imagine a bike would be one of them!)

* Europe charges a 48.5% :eek: anti-dumping duty on bikes made in China, Taiwanese bikes might not attract the same penalty, and I suspect manufacturers have avenues to circumvent, but which might not be available to you.

It's nice to see how the consumer gets to benefit from global trade :sad:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think its a funny price range the £1500 mark...i dont think you get much more for your money than the £1200 bikes? but then when you jump to £2000 theres quite a diference in spec...i had the same problem making a desision a year ago and i ended up with a spech camber fsr for £1250....but after 9 months found out it wasnt really up to the job and ended up selling it to get an Orange five...and love it :biggrin:

Interesting. I'm looking at a Camber now (late 2012 model on sale). What were its biggest failings in your experience. I'm very much on the fence so you shan't offend.

PS if it helps, I'm a commuter and weekend roadie who use to ride MTB. More recently I tend to share my weekends between road rides and trips to some single track forest rides in the south of the UK (Bedgebury, leigh hill and the like). I'm 6'2 and large build so fancy a longish travel but am not worried about weight as much (frankly I could just drop a stone and save thousands!). What all that means is that I'm an occasional MTBer and not that skilled, so shant be trying any massive downhills or big drops.

Interested in your view
J

Top Bottom