Fully deflating inner tubes 700x23c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Good tip, @jay clock. Keeps them dry, too. Talc definitely helps when replacing a tube. There's nothing worse than changing an inner when it's wet/raining. Rubber and water don't play together nicely :smile:

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Running 23mm Schwalbe Durano and Durano Plus on the back with aero rims doesn't help when you have to change a tube/tyre. Pain in the 'arris.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
The tip about talc and clingfilm is one I use but its really to stop tubes chafing in a saddlebag and being ruined when you need them (old touring tip) the ease of fitting is a bonus.

I used the talc trick yesterday when I changed my tubes. Definitely helps that little bit.

The missus bought a bike last week. B'Twin Fit 500. Great bike for the money (£350+). Went out for a 20 mile ride with her on country lanes and some major A roads and dual carriageways. http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/683350917 She did bloody great seeing as she hasn't ridden a bike for over a decade. Hit some decent hills, too. The only downsides were that she fell into a hedge, had a rear wheel p******e in the rain (which I had to change) and she threw the chain off a mile from home. The bike came with Hutchinson Equinox 23mm and, although they feel great to ride and were a doddle to get on and off the rims with no tyre levers, they offer no flat protection whatsoever. I swapped them out for some Spesh Armadillo's I had hanging around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom