Fun on the ride home last night:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
i need to get to London or somewhere as i never get told i don't pay road tax
maybe if i wore one of those i don't pay road tax jerseys and road more dangerously i might get it more often?
Cheers Ed

Colin B

I am waiting for someone to hopefully say your too fat to ride a bike so I can come back with the answer which I'm sure a few know so I won't write it lmao

Reactions: 4F

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It's a hard one

You don't pay road tax is really easy to say and really hard to argue against in the small situation time you have.

Even if you decide to take any of the tacks, you are kind of on hiding to nothing

"I have 2 cars" is a decentish comeback in the short term as it puts the argument back at them even if it technically we all know that paying road tax is not the issue here. I don't own a car so really I can't use this one, they don't know that but I feel it's a cheap answer, you certainly wouldn't use it in a debate that wasn't happening in the few seconds till the lights change.

The "road tax doesn't exist argument, it's VED etc etc" is too conceptually difficult to argue and wishy washy.

"The paying road tax doesn't give you the right to endanger me" one always seem to lead to the I wasn't too close / I didn't hit you / You are being a drama queen defence.

Essentially the road tax argument is a perfect riposte, it's pretty much the Chewbacca defence of bad driving, even the if the driver is using it with a straight face.

"I don't pay for sex either" might be a valid response - especially if you can get the corollary in "and by yourself doesn't count"

(acknowledgement to historic poster on here )

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I once had a guy block the cycle lane as he came out of his drive and I had to slam the anchors on not to ride into the side of his car....apparently because he pays council tax he can do that!!! Made a change from having road tax hurled at me :rolleyes:

I am waiting for someone to hopefully say your too fat to ride a bike so I can come back with the answer which I'm sure a few know so I won't write it lmao

I had a fat bloke drive past bellowing "you should be in the cycle lane" through his open passenger window. His chubby cheeks wobbled like billy o when I laughed and said "not half as much as you should be".

Matt1243

Regular
I just blow the driver a kiss. Or if I get back in front slap my bum a few times; very effective and pretty funny.

Top Bottom