Fun or Function

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by HLaB, 29 Jul 2012.

1. I currently commuting on a Viking SS, its damm heavy but fun. When I'm next back home, I could swap it for my Ridgeback Velocity Hybrid (unfortunately my new flat doesn't have room for both bikes and my other road bikes). The velocity has full mud guards and a pannier rack and despite this and its wide tyres it actually accelerates better (although speed is less maintainable). What do folk think, Fun or Function.

2. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

When you say 'back home' do you not live in Peterborough?

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent from a recumbent.... settee.

3. BSRU

BSRU A Human Being

I'd go for fun during the summer then swap to function when winter turns up.
    Although both main my commuter bikes are fun in their own way.

4. OP
    OP
    HLaB

HLaB Marie Attoinette Fan

Just moved to Peterborough so its my new home for the next few years, my real home is 300 miles away in Dunfermline. If it was closer, I'd do exactly what BSRU says.

5. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Just being nosey :smile:

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent partially submerged beneath a cat.

HLaB likes this.
  6. wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard Über Member

Get some clip-on mudguards on the Viking, and a backpack if you need to carry stuff, and ride a FUNctional bike.

HLaB likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice