Funding secured for new cycle facilities for Stockport and across Greater Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We get a full centre at Altie interchange. Still I'd much rather they allow my bike on the tram.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
whoop de do - not.

Suppose it's better than a kick in the teeth, but the locations aren't that great, and there are few businesses near the Stockport one, unless you work in retail.

whoop de do - not.

Suppose it's better than a kick in the teeth, but the locations aren't that great, and there are few businesses near the Stockport one, unless you work in retail.

My last job was up by the job centre in Stockport, and I know from doing the AM coffee run that it's 10 minutes walk from there to Sainsbury's.

Ibbots

Well, as long as they are not spending it on stupid and dangerous cycle lanes like the recent addition to my route through Salford, I'm for it.

There is a lack of decent bike storage facilities around Manchester. I decide where my office is located and so can ensure that we always have facilities on site even though I'm the only cyclist in the office. I would not be commuting by bike if I had to leave even my relatively cheap commuter chained up outside for the local f***wits to meddle with. These measures may not encourage many more to get on their bikes but could at least make life more pleasant for those that already do and who are not as lucky as me.

Top Bottom