Fungi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Looking at it again you could be right because C geotropa normally has an umbo bump in the middle of the cap and these don't appear to. I jumped to this conclusion because I've seen tons of funnel caps recently. Would be able to tell in real life

I'm not a great one for eating things that I'm not absolutely definitely sure of - and I''m very aware of my own identification limitations - so this is generally things that can't really be mistaken for anything else - like chicken of the woods, chanterelles (and black trumpets), and ceps. Clitocybes I'm too unsure of to try. There's just so many species.

I could of course be wrong (:ohmy:) and your first hunch could be right, especially as it's exactly the right time of year, but a) they don't look very tall for the size of the caps b) it's unusual IME for Troopers to cluster like that - the trooping tendency is very strong, c) I can't see an umbo either (although it can disappear when they get big enough) and d) something about what twitchers call 'the jizz' (yeah, I know) from above suggests Lactarius to me - can I see a faint concentric pattern??

Anyway all these questions could be put to bed by including photos of the stem and gills - anyone hoping for online ID help please note!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyway all these questions could be put to bed by including photos of the stem and gills - anyone hoping for online ID help please note!
And in this case preferably broken gills, so we can see if they ooze "milk" :smile:

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
How tall are you? I quite fancy a single speed, that looks big enough. I'm 6'4"

I'm 6'3" but have a longer leg to body ratio than normal.
The Audax Mono is a fine bike for single speed not too much seatpost showing , I left the steerer tube full length and with drops it is only just high enough , I forget the angle of the stem , but steeper ones are available if needed, l tend to go for higher bars these are I think about 10mm below the seat height .
If you are average ratio of leg to body length you will likely have shorter leg length than me even though you are taller, I'm 36" inside leg or thereabouts.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member

Attachments

• IMG_20231125_141615.jpg
    IMG_20231125_141615.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231125_141622.jpg
    IMG_20231125_141622.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 8