Further progress on my Dahon Vitesse.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill

Way down the messages below you come to my last postings on page five about my Dahon Vitesse 8 speed cycle. Things have changed as I cycle along finding things out over time. The twin saddle/split saddle was removed that was shown on the topic photo as it was not comfortable on my problem right 'sit bone'. I looked a lot at the internet for a ultra wide saddle to act as a 'platform' for my next saddle idea. I found such a saddle in America but they are not sold in England. By chance I came across a very wide saddle sold by a importer in Cradley Heath (Worcestershire) called the...."Fat Arse Saddle".....(am I allowed to say that!?)....This saddle is wide and 'firm' but is great as it has a folded up 'blow-up neck support' like you wear on a aircraft. This is contained in a cloth bag made for me by my wife. This in turn fixed to the saddle top by Velcro heavy duty tape from Amazon and then covered by a homemade saddle cover made yet again by my clever wife!!.It takes quite a bit of time to get the correct amount of air in the travel pillow to support you without touching the saddle top or being SO full of air that you feel like your sitting on a 'air hill'. At long last its comfortable to sit on a cycle. Pedalling along and working out problems as you go along sure is productive.....

Top Bottom