Furthest walk in cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Not counting mtb/touring shoes with a recessed cleat, what's the furthest you have had to walk in cleats?
Just wondering as today, I dropped my car off at the garage for a new timing belt & set off for a ride, this afternoon got a call, saying parts had arrived late so the car wouyldn't be ready till tomorrow. Not a problem just head home instead of back to the garage. So 102 miles later I arrive home & the wife's out for a couple of hours & my house key is in the car :rolleyes: So off to the 'local' 0.9 miles away, but had no front light, so when the wife did arrive home I ended up having to walk home in cleats, not ideal :blush:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Three miles, with a hole the size of Africa in the rear tyre.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Reminds me of when I was at the top of Hardknot Pass in the Lake District - in my car.

A cyclist appeared and stopped, so I congratulated him on riding up it.

He told me he was waiting for his mate who was pushing.

"He's walked that much on this trip he's worn out his cleats," the cyclist said.

TVC

No more than 50 yards which was at the start of a Sportive. If I ever have to hike becase the bike is US then I would unscrew the cleats and put them in my pocket.

alicat

Legendary Member
Nil distance, I use recessed cleats. Watching someone go arse over tit while dismounting on the mildest of cambers convinced me I have made the right choice.

Tin Pot

Guru
Furthest on foot was running in transition 2 at Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire, it was like an additional cross country leg to the triathlon.

I learned, now I take off my shoes when dismounting and run barefoot. And also walk barefoot in the office rather than hobble.

Top Bottom