Fusion food, cuisine with a twist, home cooking, mum's cooking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think all the fish was hooked on radiation....
It cooks itself?

Not sure if you can call that fusion food. Putting together leftovers and finding things in the cupboard and fridge and trying out something is quite sensible and adventurous.

Its the restaurants where a well known dish is cooked differently and they call it fusion. Never seem to come right.
If the pros can get away serving up the stuff, and I reckon some of them are actually trying to see what weird crap they can get their customers to eat then having a giggle about it, I think I can call my stuff fusion too. My wife calls it 'mish-mash', but what does she know? I'm the professional in the house - professional engineer admittedly. I do carry the same philosophy into my cooking. RTFM (or cookbook) as a last resort and a dollop of curry paste can fix almost anything - a bit like WD40.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

If the pros can get away serving up the stuff, and I reckon some of them are actually trying to see what weird crap they can get their customers to eat then having a giggle about it, I think I can call my stuff fusion too. My wife calls it 'mish-mash', but what does she know? I'm the professional in the house - professional engineer admittedly. I do carry the same philosophy into my cooking. RTFM (or cookbook) as a last resort and a dollop of curry paste can fix almost anything - a bit like WD40.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the pro does not realise that a particular dish is sacred to its place of origin and those that grew up with it. They might genuinely think they can make it taste better I am sure those who relish Cornish pastry and Yorkshire pudding will not take kindly to its main recipe being tampered with.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Folk can do whatever they want with food. If it's tasty I'll eat it regardless of its history, bastardised or otherwise. There's no point being precious about the source of calories.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Folk can do whatever they want with food. If it's tasty I'll eat it regardless of its history, bastardised or otherwise. There's no point being precious about the source of calories.

The topic and the discussion is not about tasty food. Its about screwing up a once tasty dish and calling it fusion food.

vernon

Read my immediate past post. The thread is not about tasty food. Why would anyone complain about tasty food unless it is overpriced.

There's nothing wrong with fusion food. No-one seems to agreeing with your assertions. Why would anyone complain about fusion food unless it was overpriced?

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

There's nothing wrong with fusion food. No-one seems to agreeing with your assertions. Why would anyone complain about fusion food unless it was overpriced?

Don't worry about what others think. Slop passing off as fusion food is a well known in the food industry and are concern to all. We all become wiser during the exchanges of views including me.

For instance, you thought Bento was a Japanese dish until I told you it is Japanese term of takeaway of any dish usually a a variety of suggested combination that is easy to takeaway and considered a complete meal. As I said we all learn from these exchanges.

vernon

For instance, you thought Bento was a Japanese dish until I told you it is Japanese term of takeaway of any dish usually a a variety of suggested combination that is easy to takeaway and considered a complete meal. As I said we all learn from these exchanges.

I thought nothing of the sort. I've learned that you seem to be creating culinary problems where none exist. Are you my mate 'Boring Pete' posting under a pseudonym?

Top Bottom