Gaadi inner tubes????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

My first ebike didn;t have an in-line plug

But I could still change the inner tube - even at the side of the road - by loosening the nuts and taking the tyre and tube off on the opposite side to the motor connection

Not really a problem - not weird inner tube required

I'm confused, how did you get the tube over the chainstay?
Edit: or do you mean you dropped the wheel out partially?

Dadam

Believe it or not, some of the earlier Chinese rear hub bikes didn't have an inline plug, so disconnecting the motor was all but impossible.

Most now have plugs, but it's worth checking if you have to free the cable from the chainstay to fully disconnect the cable.

It will likely be held to the stay via small cable ties which will require careful cutting to avoid nicking the cable.

And another thing, don't forget to carry some insulation tape or cable ties to reattach the cable to the stay after wheel removal and refitting.

If it's left hanging free it could easily snag in the spokes of the wheel.

Maybe those GAADI tubes are not such a bad idea.

I always keep some velcro "one wrap" strip wrapped around the bike frame somewhere. It comes on a roll in different sizes. I've got 10mm and 30mm. The most useful thing imaginable on and off the bike, I don't know why everyone doesn't know about it. Reusable cable ties, super light luggage straps, padding for underneath an ill-fitting handlebar mount, stopping the tyre bead you've got inside the rim popping out while you work on getting the other side in, etc etc etc

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Wrap-Multi-Purpose-Accessories-Management-Improvement/dp/B00186QF2C

I'm confused, how did you get the tube over the chainstay?
Edit: or do you mean you dropped the wheel out partially?

Flipped bike over
Undid the wheel nuts so they were very loose
Stood on the far side of the bike from the chain and used normal tyre leavers etc to release the near side of the tyre from the wheel rim
Tiled wheel so there is a gap between the wheel axle and the frame
slid tyre and tube out between axle and frame

Top Bottom