Gadgets you've never used

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Me too. I've got a 10" Dobsonian telescope gathering dust. The sky is never dark enough to use it..
I'm waiting for a nation wide power cut but that night will probably be cloudy.:smile:

Ive got a telescope that i have only used a few times.

Big 6" newton type as well.

8" Dobsonian here. Never been outside. I'm waiting for the 'right time' to collimate the mirror. :blush:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've had a Bose iPod dock for a year or more, but have only used it a handful of times.

Don't know why, it works well enough.

Sound quality is OK, but the Bose 'quart out of a pint pot' marketing is just that - marketing puff.

Last couple of times I used it was to charge the iPod, which is a dear way of doing that.

So £250 effectively wasted.

Any other contributions?

I was thinking electrical items, but as this is a cycling forum we can include bike stuff as well.

Give you £50 for it.

MarkF

Guru
Digital picture frames x 3 (presents), Kindle, juice maker (present), food mixer, Remmington de-bobbler, microwave leakage detector (present :wacko:), egg poaching pod, egg/tomato slicer, electric tin opener. Got a cellar full of crap gadgets.

I did use the juicer once, I think I spent about a fiver on fruit to make thimble full of juice. This made me realise that juicers are useless and all juice/smoothies must be full of, well.........not fruit.

ayceejay

Guru
This is reading out like a list of the things not to give as wedding presents.
The way gadgets work best is: first establish the need and then invest in the solution - clipless pedals work like this.
Need a neat shirt? Gadget? iron or bri-nylon?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Always happy to re-home a digital photo frame. I think the things are fantastic!

Swap one for a steamer....

Thinking about it do DIY tools count as gadgets? Drill, paint stripper, sander, one of those weird ladders for doing stairs and god know what else is in my shed. There's a steamer for floors thingy

winjim

Smash the cistern
Always happy to re-home a digital photo frame. I think the things are fantastic!

Swap one for a steamer....

Seriously? What type of steamer, vegetables, clothes or floors? I have a digital photo frame I want shot of so drop me a pm if you're interested. :thumbsup:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Seriously? What type of steamer, vegetables, clothes or floors? I have a digital photo frame I want shot of so drop me a pm if you're interested. :thumbsup:
It's a vegetable steamer. It was said half in jest, in that I meant it but I'll need to check that the other half has no intentions for it. How big is the frame?

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's a vegetable steamer. It was said half in jest, in that I meant it but I'll need to check that the other half has no intentions for it. How big is the frame?
Sorry but apparently we "need" it. Something to do with New Year's resolutions. Great. Fab. Super. :sad:

winjim

Smash the cistern
We already have a vegetable steamer so no need for another. Still, the frame's yours if you want it. It's quite a small one, 12x16cm screen. It's a John Lewis 50831MS if that means anything to you.

Oh, and if anyone does happen to have a clothes/floor steamer...

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sorry but apparently we "need" it. Great. Fab. Super. :sad:

What are you, a man or a mouse?

Jesting aside, I wondered if this thread could develop into a gadget swap shop.

Seems we have quite a few pic frames, steamers and, oddly, telescopes, so far.

Top Bottom