Gadgets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubbike

I had to buy a few bits and bobs in Buenos Aires and have got the last gizmo this morning in Punta Arenas. So here I present the top 5 gadgets to improve a cycle tourers life.

1. Small thermometer: How else am I going to accurately boast about the extreme cold in the Andes and the unendurable heat in the tropics?

2. SD card reader: more descrite (and therefore safer) than plugging in your digital camera etc.

3. Miniture tripod: I´m touring alone so have to be best freinds with the self-timer.

4. Flint and steel: my freind gave me this as a going-away-pressie. indispensible. works every time for lighting fires or stoves and doesn´t matter if it gets wet.

5. Swiss army knife: never does a day go by without me using this trusty tool.

What´s everyone elses favourite gadgetry?!

thekeg

dunno if you would class it as a gadget but my compass is usually the most important thing i`ve carried .........got me out of a few puzzles

dodgy

I've been to Punta Arenas, one of the highlights of a Falkland Islands tour. Glad I saw it at the government's expense....

Redvers

As with the bicycle itself, it’s the simple things that work the best.

I would never tour without some duct tape and a few spare cable ties.

These two items have solved countless problems over the years.

Chrisz

Über Member
dodgy said:
I've been to Punta Arenas, one of the highlights of a Falkland Islands tour. Glad I saw it at the government's expense....

The best way to visit that gawd forsaken place - who in their right mind would pay to go there? :biggrin:

(although I might have to make a second visit at my own expense one day).

OP, one item I always carried when out and about in the woods is a flint and block of magnesium. You shave flecks off the magnesium block on one side, then run your knife down the flint on the other - instant, hot fire :biggrin: and very little kindling etc required.

Top Bottom