Gaining riders!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tyremark

Hi All, Currently a small group of us are organizing a rally, from the UK to Kenya by bike, mainly in order to raise money for a charity out there (HSK), but also so we can have an excellent adventure in the process!
At the moment we are mainly looking for riders to join and create their own teams, as the set of date is end of sept.

I was wondering what advice you might have on good ways to spread the word/contact people or companies who might be interested.
Things like this forum are obviously good tools, but I was wondering what other people have done/would do to to reach the many (and im sure there are many people out there) people who would be keen.

Or corse our budget is small to non, but it would be great to know what people have done in the past with similar things like this?

If you would like to join or help or know more, please feel free to check out the web site, any comments would be much appreciated.

www.downrightkenya.org

Cheers
Mark

wafflycat

Kenya. Currently that peaceful haven on the African continent... The place where the FCO advises against all but essential travel to parts, where holiday companies are cancelling bookings. Machetes, shootings & burnings, anyone? I doubt whether a charity bike ride, however worthy its aims, could be viewed as *essential* travel. You have checked that your travel insurance covers you for travel to Kenya and claim in the event of political/ethnic violence to get you out of there if needed?

Aint Skeered

I am also planning a sponsored ride, through Afghanistan. Anyone interested should send me a email if they wish to take part.
Entry fee is a tenner, and you will receive a free cycle jersey with 'Taliba Wakers' emblazoned on the back, and @Sposored Cyclig Suicide' (we found a supplier on this forum)

Maz

Guru
Aint Skeered said:
...Entry fee is a tenner, and you will receive a free cycle jersey with 'Taliba Wakers' emblazoned on the back, and @Sposored Cyclig Suicide' (we found a supplier on this forum)
Wear one that says I LOVE USA and I'll sponsor you.

Top Bottom