Galaxy S Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It looks like a fifteen year old's GCSE technology project. And drawing two red lines on the road certainly does not create a cycle lane.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Bikes are pretty much a solved technology outside of marginal gains in pro cycling,

Buy a bike ride it, I'm a total geek but this stuff annoys me. If I want nerd shoot on my bike I can buy it as extras (Garmin, Powermeters etc) I don't want it built in to a crappy hipster wannabe frame.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
One day maybe bikes will have a BAN (Bike Area Network) and cameras, power meters, gps, navigation, alarm, lighting, electronic gear changers, ABS and so on will all share it. And a little console with a head-up display where you can control them all. You will be able to dynamically set rude words to be written by the LEDs embedded in your spokes, while changing gear, uploading a shot of a pothole and switching on the kettle for a cup of tea to be ready when you get home all by just thinking about it.

This isn't it. But the thought is there.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Like so many "innovations" in cycling, this appears to be a solution without a problem. I doubt we will see many of these on the roads. There are better bikes and better gizmos to put on them.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
If I were to have lazers on my bike I'd want them for shooting things with.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Is it just me or does anyone else think electronics should be left out of cycling (Di2 etc)?

MitchMan
I think it's ok for those into cycling at a very high level and professionals but as with al these innovations I fear that it has a negative knock on effect on the lower spec'd components. I don't want there only to be a good choice of the expensive stuff whilst the lesser stuff just gets ignored and left behind. I am quite happy wit 7 gears at the back or even less and don't want to see manufacturers stop making stuff because all the profit lies with the 10 and 11 speed cassettes. As well as other stuff.

xzenonuk

Veteran
think i would rather stick to my old ridgeback 602ex from the 80's than touch that thing..... also like cyclopathic says i want to shoot things with lasers and make pew pew noises :tongue:

tonyw

ok looking atthat i'm v very teckie person but i wouldn't ride that , does anyone else see problems with lazers/ as in the lazer pointer problems and i have a bike mount but theres a lot better specially designed tech a lot cheaper than that will be

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
A bike with frickin' lasers? I bet it'll cost... one million dollars.

Seriously, though, the only thing that seems remotely interesting to me is the rear-mounted camera. I wonder if someone'll copy the idea with a Raspberry Pi?

Top Bottom