Galaxy Tab 2 - 7 inch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
Anyone got one of these?

I've been looking at getting the Nexus, but am sorely tempted to get a Galaxy due to the micro SD card. Review seem mixed, with most of them mention sluggishness and slow response issues.

Have things improved with Android updates?

Pauluk

The problem with the Galaxy is that it has all the Samsung software running over the top of the Android OS. The Nexus is basically pure Android and makes for a better, faster machine IMO.

OP
OP
redcard

redcard

Veteran
Been watching a few video reviews on Youtube, and I don't really see much of the sluggishness. There's some delay when rotating the screen, but nothing outrageous. The Tab 2 came out pretty level with the Nexus on the various open app / load a website tests that folk did. The Tab fell short on graphic intensive stuff, but for general browsing and media is seemed pretty comparable to the Nexus.

Venge, is the difference really that noticable?

Could also install CM10 on it, which some people say improves speed dramatically.

Noticed some refurbs on ebay for £140ish. Might be worth a punt.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I like the Samsung its a good tablet, given the choice again I would buy the Nexus as its a great tablet... forget benchmarks, timing apps, it just feels so much snappier in day to day use.
IMHO its a better tablet and I would happily swap mine for one.

ianjmcd

Über Member
Its immaterial what one you get if you know how to root it and put a decent rom on either < the main differences are the nexus is a quad core tablet the galazy 7 inch is dual core

Price wise you can get the nexus for 199 with 32gb the samsung is 179 for 8gb version add in another£30 quid for a sd card which is going to be slower access than internal memory in the nexus and the nexus is still the winner

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My lad is asking for a tablet for his birthday, am thinking of getting the 7" Nexus for him. Knowing him he will just use it for watching call of duty youtube vids!

OP
OP
redcard

redcard

Veteran
Yeah, think the 32GB Nexus is looking the better bet.

With Dropbox, and all my music on Google Play, I guess I could live without the extra few GB

ianjmcd

Über Member
nexus is better hardware and slicker due to being pure android JBS

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have had my tab 2 7" inch since they were released never had any problems with it been slow it has 8GB ram and an extra 32GB micro sd card in it and I can screen share with my samsing tv.

If you get one at the moment samsung are doing £30 cash back on the 7" & £50 on the 10.1" here -> CLICK ME

I am not using the touch wiz software it comes with I use Nova Launcher.

Sca1ey

I have a Nexus7 and recommend it. Two of my friends have bought one after playing with it and aren't disappointed.

Nebulous

Guru
Too late for the cashback. You had to buy before the end of the year. I got my wife the tab 2 10.1 for Christmas as it seemed the best deal when the cashback was included and she is very happy with it. We have nothing to compare it against however.

Top Bottom