game for a boring wednesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
gbb said:
[puts on work hat]
Assuming the whole thing isnt loose or cream crackered anyway, under the cover, there are two screws.
One adjusts the speed it closes at, the other adjusts the damping...ie when its nearly closed, the damping slows it down and closes gently.
[takes off work hat]
gbb...i took the cover off (it was an ARRONE make, if you know it), tightened up the screws and it's fixed now. Cheers.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Landslide said:
I think I may have to rule myself out of this challenge due to my boss sitting next to me and not being bothered in the slightest as he watches me type this post...

One challenge we did get away with in my previous department was the vodka challenge. Starting from the desk furthest from the exit, sprint the length of the office, through reception, across the road and into the pub. Order and down a shot of vodka (or other premium spirit), then leg it back. The record was 1minute 20secs!

Friend of mine used to go to kayl... celhd... Scottish dancing parties at Uni, and apparenly there was one dance where the lead pair gavotte up and down the line of couples. The room they used had double doors at the end, and opposite it was another quieter common room. If the gavotting pair used really long strides, they could get out of the double doors, across the hall, into the common room, shout Hello! and come back, all in the required 16 beats...:tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I managed to get out of my last place of work last year on red nose day, by doing a sponsored car wash. Yes me a Financial Controller (at the time) and two young Purchase Ledger staff - one car mad lad and an attractive young lass, cleaned 35 ish cars - all in a mess... that was one good waste of company money for me........ho ho ho... although we borrowed some industrial wheel cleaner for some of the company cars - they were so bad - all my skin pealed off my hands - got through our gloves....

The staff thought we'd do a sh!t job, then saw their tired dirty cars come back looking new (well on the outside.....)...

Tetedelacourse

So the game is to do non-work things away from your desk?

On monday afternoon, all in one sortie, I:

1. went and washed my cup and left in the teapoint
2. went to the loo
3. went to the car park and put my bike in the back of the pool car, which must be worth extra points cos it took a while to put the seats down and is cycling related.
4. went to the chocolate machine on the way back
5. made myself a cup of coffee, then returned to my desk.

The whole time I was away, I left moron wondering what the best way to cook peas was.

But this all took place on Monday so I don't know if it counts.

walker

Thats easily topped, I normally go for a number 2, have a shower, come back, make tea, pop to the bank, come back drink tea, I can waste around an hour doing nothing at all.

NickM

Veteran
It's more boring wandering around this place than it is staying at my desk and looking through the window that is the Internet.

I do occasionally print off something interesting and read it in the bogs, just for a change of scenery...

Tetedelacourse

NickM said:
How many bonus points for having a fiddle in your employer's time?

5 for in the bogs, 10 for at your desk in open plan. 15 for standing up, drawers round ankles, 20 for actively involving a colleague:biggrin:

Top Bottom