Game of thrones almost here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Nice birthday present for me:hyper:

Looks to be a lot of action this season, I guess they pumped all the money they saved from less episodes into more effects

winjim

Smash the cistern
By the old gods and the new I just want it to end. I don't even care who wins any more. Dreary drudging tedious crap but I've invested far too much of my life in it not to finish watching and reading it. Come on Martin, stop fannying about at fan conventions and just finish the thing. And next time employ the services of a decent editor.
If it doesn't end in a massive showdown between dragons and white walkers the whole thing will have been for naught.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I watched the first episode of the first season last week. Mind numbing, and one that I think I'll give a miss. Just wasted large amounts of time watching Sons Of Anarchy which, like most of these American things, features 45 minutes of nothing, with perhaps 2 minutes of something significant happening.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

By the old gods and the new I just want it to end. I don't even care who wins any more. Dreary drudging tedious crap but I've invested far too much of my life in it not to finish watching and reading it. Come on Martin, stop fannying about at fan conventions and just finish the thing. And next time employ the services of a decent editor.
If it doesn't end in a massive showdown between dragons and white walkers the whole thing will have been for naught.
It has dragged occasionally, particularly in Dorne (really dont like what they did there) but mostly I think they have done a good job and its still one of the best shows. With fewer episodes I doubt there will be much room for going slow.

I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding an editor, the next book is supposedly massive. To be honest though, after waiting 6 years and counting it needs to be a decent size.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I prefer the books to the tv series. My concern now is that now the TV series is overtaking the books that the books will get ruined for me. I know they have diverged quite a bit, but overall the plot is still very similar. My next concern is that Martin will die before he finishes it all off.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I prefer the books to the tv series. My concern now is that now the TV series is overtaking the books that the books will get ruined for me. I know they have diverged quite a bit, but overall the plot is still very similar. My next concern is that Martin will die before he finishes it all off.
I think that its diverged more than you might think now that they have gotten past the books so I have a feeling that the books and show may have different endings. There are a few people that have been killed in the show that I think will survive at least a bit longer in the books.

I can live with two different ending though, two for the price of one. I have the same concern as you about Martin though, I had the same thing with Robert Jordan :sad:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
It has dragged occasionally, particularly in Dorne (really dont like what they did there) but mostly I think they have done a good job and its still one of the best shows. With fewer episodes I doubt there will be much room for going slow.

I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding an editor, the next book is supposedly massive. To be honest though, after waiting 6 years and counting it needs to be a decent size.

Over 1500 pages each for Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring apparently. Longer than War and Peace FFS.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Over 1500 pages each for Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring apparently. Longer than War and Peace FFS.
So. Much. Filler.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
By the old gods and the new I just want it to end. I don't even care who wins any more. Dreary drudging tedious crap but I've invested far too much of my life in it not to finish watching and reading it.

I'm of much the same opinion. I liked the first two series, but it has got boring and if it weren't for the promise that this will be the final series, I probably wouldn't bother.

The shock value of killing off major characters has worn very thin, and part of the problem is that they haven't been replaced with equally strong characters. And then they just bring the dead characters back to life if they feel like it anyway.

Agree with the spoilery bit too.

I don't care how long the books are. I'm not remotely interested in reading them.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I'm of much the same opinion. I liked the first two series, but it has got boring and if it weren't for the promise that this will be the final series, I probably wouldn't bother.

The shock value of killing off major characters has worn very thin, and part of the problem is that they haven't been replaced with equally strong characters. And then they just bring the dead characters back to life if they feel like it anyway.
That's happened once!

perplexed

Guru
I've never seem GoT I must confess. We tend to enjoy things like Midnight Sun, The Bridge, Follow the Money and various other continental/Scandi stuff... Really quirky.

Top Bottom