Gamesmanship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gotta hate those diving cheats!

picture.php

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This has always been a big difference between the game in Latin countries and that played in Northern Europe (and Asia). My Brazilian friends see diving, faking etc. as much as part of the game (and remember it is a game) as great ball skills. You can admire a skillful manipulator of the game as much as a skillful player. The British never really get this one.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
This has always been a big difference between the game in Latin countries and that played in Northern Europe (and Asia). My Brazilian friends see diving, faking etc. as much as part of the game (and remember it is a game) as great ball skills. You can admire a skillful manipulator of the game as much as a skillful player. The British never really get this one.
Agreed.

I quite admire the players who can pull the wool over the ref's eyes and buy a cheap penalty, along with the cyclist who manages to spend a few miles hanging onto a car on a mountain stage or an F1 team who add a little something to the fuel. All this Corinthian Spirit nonsense can be a bit tedious, seeing how far you can stretch the rules is all part of the game.

Top Bottom