Gaming pc for son

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have ordered a stormforce onyx 6224 for about £100 less than current price due to BF sale. Delivery timescale was this week. Just found out delivery will be next year, against what their website said when ordered.

So son's birthday this week Xmas 2 weeks later. Do we cancel and order something else?

Argos are selling a similar pc from another brand for same price on a 5 day delivery. Do we buy this and cancel original order and give it as Xmas present? We have some of his Xmas presents already I give him something on his birthday.

Original pc order is i5 12xxx, 16gb ssd, rtx3060 12gb gpu stormforce 6224.

Potential new order is from cyberforce, i5 12xxx, 16gbssd, rtc3060 12gb gpu.

I can only see the difference is the look of the pc and the branding. Are stormforce or cyberforce both similar quality companies? Does brand name matter here? Any gamers here who might have advice n on this?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Brand name is basically the company putting it together. So long as price and spec is similar. We've built our own, which is what a lot of people do.

Jody

Stubborn git
Depending on price, i'd put one together myself. You may need a bit of help loading the OS but it's as easy as putting a bike together.

What's your budget?

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
We're not for building our own, certainly not with our first one. Certainly not this late in the day. It's a Xmas or birthday present for this year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just for inspiration. Daughter's set up. Graphics is only a GTX 970 (passed down from son) but it runs everything as its a decent Ryzen 5. The desk setup was this weekends job. She wanted the cables sorting, but thats turned into a new worktop to properly accomodate the big graphics tablet (Wacom Cintiq) and new multi plug extension leads and under desk cable tidies.

Certainly check out the links above.

PS my daughter 3D designed the desktop as her room is really small and her new chair is huge and didn't fit properly with her old desktop. All I needed to do was cut the timber to her dimensions (it worked).

20231211_151059.jpg

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
£850 budget so scan do something at that price with same processor drive, etc bit with rtx 4xxx with 8gb not rtx3060 with 12gb. Not sure what that means in use.

Good news. My partner sent a few angry emails back to them and we got an apology of sorts. They got the order in December too late but we ordered in November so bs. They did say that it now will be ready between 15th and 18th December. So an Xmas present it is then!

Jameshow

Veteran
Look at CCL in Bradford that's where my two sons brought there parts from, they do fully built systems too.
Good customer service ime.

Dadam

Another vote for CCL. I've been using them for nearly 25 years (!) since when they were at their old place, I think it was near Laisterdyke.
Of course it helps they're a few miles from me for collecting stuff but they're long established and have a good reputation.

Top Bottom