Garmin 705

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Team Fiwip

Hi
Having purchased a Garmin 705 and memory-map software I am unable to set up the damm thing to track my real time on-screen gps position. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction (no pun intended) to remedy this problem. I thought this was gonna be a great piece of kit but at present its so frustrating its about to go in the bin!!

PK99

Legendary Member
Team Fiwip said:
Hi
t its so frustrating its about to go in the bin!!

I'm happy to provide a free waste disposal service:smile:

adds21

Rider of bikes
Errm, not quite sure what you mean. The 705 will start recording your GPS location as soon as you press the Start/Stop button. Once you've finished the ride, you can import the data to Garmin Connect, and/or Training Center. I haven't tried importing directy into Memory Map (via it's "GPS" menu option), but you can export from Traning Center, convert to .gpx, and import into Memory Map if required..

I presume its the same as the 305 in MM (with the Garmin connected an switched on) its just GPS/ GPS Setup/ and change the model to USB. An training centre will overide MM so you need to have MM open first and TC shut. TBHT you don't need to wory about the real time tracking bit all you need to worry about is being to upload routes to the garmin and download tracks.

Edit: They've added a new step to MM you also have to select GPS/ Current Position.
As said though I wouldn't worry about that as long as you can upload routes to the garmin and download tracks. (Import/ Export)

Edit: You don't need to do that last step afterall. Also I find it occaisionally pernickity and moving the usb to another port sort it out.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Team Fiwip said:
Hi
Having purchased a Garmin 705

Hi TF
Do you buy it locally(East Yorks)?
I'm looking to buy one later this month & would prefer to buy locally rather than online so can get a bit of tech back up if needed :blush:

Cheers
Paul

OP
OP
T

Team Fiwip

Bought it online, slightly regretting that decision now! Not sure if there are any main dealers in the Hull and surrounding areas, back up would be worth the extra cost. May be close to sorting it now, something to do with gpx files.

Top Bottom