Garmin 800 - Worn out connector lugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
My Garmin 800 has seemed to be a bit rattly lately and today would not engage on the bar mount on one side of it. When I looked, the lug on that side of the plastic circular connector on my Garmin had worn away. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you get replacement circular connector plates (if that is the right terminology) fitted?

Martin

musa

Über Member
Give garmin an email they may help

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I tried that via Garmin.com but it kept crashing. I have their phone number - do you have an email address I can try?

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks mr H. I looked on ebay and emailed fast freddy, but didn't fancy plugging wires to the back. I actually managed to get through to Garmin on the phone (second attempt and 10+ mins waiting) and they were brilliant. Unit is 15 months old but they said send it back and they will replace free within 5 working days :smile:

quasijones

Norry, do you have a name for who you spoke to at Garmin by any chance? I have the same problem but when I called they wanted £79 to replace the unit (15 months old).

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Afraid not.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
No consistence, speak to the right person and you might get help.

This is becoming a joke really, lost of people seem to be having the same issue and I even read somewhere that Garmin don't see this as an issue with their devices.

The more people write about it the more chances Garmin get to hear about this and get their act together.

Can we pinpoint the fault to one cause? Are people using genuine Garmin holders and having this issue? or is it with using holders by other manufacturers? I know I use a mixture of Garmin and Sram holders and the Sram holds the device a lot tighter. Not sure what is better though, holding the device tighter might prevent any vibration that can lead to having the same problem as the OP or perhaps could be that forcing the device a little more to fit in the holder and again to remove it from the holder is actually causing the damage?

Top Bottom