garmin alternative...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It doesn't have a prominent clock on the main data page, other than that its a great wee unit if you dont need hrm/cadence.

Other brands I know of but no experience of are Bryton and Holux.

Re 200

As per this really.

Dirt cheap (I paid £72). Very fast start-up/lock. Takes about 10 minutes to learn how to use (maybe less). It simply works.

If you're open to considering a watch, rather than a bike mounted unit, then the Suunto Ambit range are excellent. They're ANT+, so you can use whatever ANT+ cadence and HR sensor you like. Very reliable devices and, I think, an excellent interface. Useful for more than cycling too (I have an Ambit2 for mountaineering - bike usage is secondary for me but it's far more than adequate and I certainly wouldn't swap it for a dedicated unit).

Last edited:
Only one thing I can think of. It doesn't show the time.
However apart from that, I agree with Fossy. It's an awesome piece of kit.
It also doesn't have HR or cadence. You need to upgrade to the 500 for those.
Hi Ian...I think you can get the time on it. You hold down the bottom left button (I think!)

Yup, tried it. Though it changes the screen. What I want is for it to be shown all the time.
True...would be good but not sure it's possible :-(

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
email Garmin support & request this in a software update? If there's enough people asking for it, then perhaps it may just happen?

Top Bottom