Garmin Cadence Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I have killed 2 of these in 2 months of nothing but road riding, granted some of it has been in the rain but is it just me that kills them or is there a fault with how they are made ?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
:S i've had mine on for a few months, in rain, hail and grit. No issues for me.
Do you know what is braking?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
gaz said:
:S i've had mine on for a few months, in rain, hail and grit. No issues for me.
Do you know what is braking?

Last time Garmin indicated it shorted due to the weather...hummmmmm

viniga

Guru
I've got two sensors, both now over two years old, no problems, through rain sleet and snow.

Have you changed the battery and not replaced the 'O' ring that helps keeps crap out?

Will1985

Über Member
I've had a few break on me - each time it was one of the reed switches. Garmin replaced without questioning (all inside 1 year warranty), but they won't answer my question as to why it's happening so often and not just to me. Previously I used Sigma and I've since tested the reed switches in those sensors which appear to be indestructible.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Will1985 said:
I've had a few break on me - each time it was one of the reed switches. Garmin replaced without questioning (all inside 1 year warranty), but they won't answer my question as to why it's happening so often and not just to me. Previously I used Sigma and I've since tested the reed switches in those sensors which appear to be indestructible.

Nop, each time the unit was around 1 month old with less than 500 miles use.

gavintc

Guru
I have one on both my bikes. Both are over a year old and to date - no problems. But, my 705 has been a pain and the 2nd one is now in the mail for replacement / repair.

Top Bottom