Garmin Edge 1030 battery issues.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The battert on my 6 year old Edge 1030 is starting to fail, dropping 10% on a 50 minutes commute the other day. I’ve looked online and, as the screen is glued in place, I dont fancy replacing the battery as I’m not confident Id get it waterproof again.

I contacted Garmin and they have offered to replace it with the 1040 for £130. Should I go for it? Or attempt battery change?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The battert on my 6 year old Edge 1030 is starting to fail, dropping 10% on a 50 minutes commute the other day. I’ve looked online and, as the screen is glued in place, I dont fancy replacing the battery as I’m not confident Id get it waterproof again.

I contacted Garmin and they have offered to replace it with the 1040 for £130. Should I go for it? Or attempt battery change?

I’d take the new one and flog old on eBay

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

A 1040 costs a the best part of £500. Sounds like a bargain. I'd go for it.

I contacted a couple of local phon repair shops today. The first wouldn’t entertain replacing the battery, the second quoted me £75 (£35 for the battery and £40 for their time) so I passed.

I accepted Garmin’s exchange offer and the 1030 will be heading off tonight. In the meantime I have dug out an old Polar V650 to use whilst I wait on the replacement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom