Garmin Edge 500 Help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Smith

Veteran
My laptop, Garmin connect and Strava will no longer detect my Edge 500,
Started to get a message when I plug the device into the laptop scan "F" drive to repair problems which I have then I get a message saying "F" drive now repaired but the next time I plug in the device the same original message appears..

Things I've tried with no luck
  1. Re-installing Garmin Plugin
  2. Hard re-set on the Edge
  3. New USB lead

My laptop, Garmin connect and Strava will no longer detect my Edge 500,
Started to get a message when I plug the device into the laptop scan "F" drive to repair problems which I have then I get a message saying "F" drive now repaired but the next time I plug in the device the same original message appears..

Things I've tried with no luck
  1. Re-installing Garmin Plugin
  2. Hard re-set on the Edge
  3. New USB lead
Just try ignoring it, if its an option. What I always do is copy the files and upload the file manually, this is the beauty of garmins that they are seen as an external device (take not Bryton, though I like your kit the interface is rubbish), I actually think its a windows issue not the device, but for the life of me my computer head is on holiday. Maybe @SatNavSaysStraightOn can help.

Debade

Über Member
In the USA, Garmin telephone support has been well above average. My wife has had a problem a couple of times with her GPX. They have been patient and very helpful.
While I haven't called about my 500, after plugging it into my computer, I get a Windows message that says something like, Windows needs to fix something on the Garmin or skip the fix. I have clicked 'fix it', it then gives me a message it was fixed. But the same message comes up the next time I plug the Garmin into the computer. I download the route and drag and drop the file into my Garmin. So, far it has worked as it is suppose to even with the Windows message.

Top Bottom