Garmin Edge 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moxey

Hi folks,
I'm considering getting an Edge 500 and just wondering if any of you have experince of them?
Recomendations, faults, etc.

Many thanks

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
try this

www.forums.garmin.com

all your answers on there.

Garz

Squat Member
I bought one before xmas and it is a brilliant tool for logging your stats if your a data freak or like to see techy results and work on fitness.

My experience has been generally positive, it's very portable and isnt too bulky on the bars like the 305/705/800 look. It's pretty weak on the navigational side however if your prepared to plot routes and edit them on mapping sites then it can be a great guidance.

Pairing stuff is dead easy, and the display pages offer tons of stats or as minimal as you like - dead customisable. Battery life is good and the mechanism to attach to the bars is commendable.

I bought my unit first then got the HRM and cadence staggered later. For best value I would have just bought them all in the bundle. I did get the quality HR strap which is comfortable and doesn't require wetting before use.

Uploading the data is easy and you can use other third party software to use/abuse your stats.

All in all I highly rate this product and although it seems an expensive outlay I wished I got it earlier instead of messing around with cheap computers that were either fiddley or ended up braking after a short period of time.

HTH

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

Have you had any problems it freezing mid-ride garz ? Seems like many have on tat garmin forum.
Anyone else any experience of the edge ?

Garz

Squat Member
Mine did crash for the first time the other day but this was possibly due to uploading a route to follow, it has never crashed before this. One piece of advice if you do follow a pre-made course is check over the directional instructions as often at important junctions the mapping websites are useless at differentiating between a 'left' and a straight on for example (diagonal roads etc).

Top Bottom