Garmin Edge 705 - more frustration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbles

I've downloaded a course from Bikeroutetoaster but when I click on 'Do the Course' when I'm on the bike, I don't get any course directions or warnings. When I made the course I made sure I ticked he 'Course warnings' box.
The little arrow just silently follows the course which is not much use.
I've upgraded the latest edition to the unit.

This unit is just driving me mad......please help!:evil:

Will1985

Über Member
Have you ensured that the settings are correct in Routing to enable guidance?

1LegRikk

I've not tried an imported one yet but I've used one of my previous routes and it's guided me quite happily.
Do you have maps loaded that do auto routing? if not you won't get directions.

zacklaws

Guru
Presuming the menu's are the same as the 305 with which I had a similar problem at first with courses it could be one of the following:-

1. After you have started the course does it show up in the map display, if not then it has not loaded or it may be well of the display.

2. Are you using the mode button to toggle through the displays like I made the error of doing, if so you will not get the "course displays". The first page on the course display should be split up into 7 data displays two of which will give you distance to start of course and another time to start of course. On this data display ensure you only use the enter button to toggle through the pages as it does not work on any others.

3. If you have used the mode button, the the compass display will come up after the first data display, is this the little arrow that you refer to?

4. Rather than use the mode button, use the "enter" button which will toggle you through all the course display pages. To confirm you are doing it right, when using the enter button, you should see the first page of data, 7 fields, followed by map display, followed by profile indicating virtual opponent and yourself, followed by virtual opponent, and then back to the start. If you are getting the compass display then you are using the mode button.

5. Have you pressed the start button? I still make that error and 20+ plus miles into a course just guts you. It will still follow the course without pressing start as I have found

6. My last problem was not crossing the start point or not getting close to it so the Edge does not start working on the course.

Just reread your post again and I think I may be barking up the wrong tree with my answers. It is something I have never mastered and that is getting warnings and directions themselves that flash up on your map display, sometimes I have them and sometimes I don't, but I think it is more how you plan the route than the Edge itself not displaying them.

Apologies if procedures are different in the 705 but they do seem similar from what I have seen.

Top Bottom