Garmin Edge 705 with Topo DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

py6km

Bought this to go on my Trek Madone (also for sale here). It's in immaculate condition, and is complete and boxed. If I can manage to get the cable ties off in one piece, then it will come with, otherwise you may need to supply a couple yourself in order to fix the mount to your bike (unless there are some spares int he box, will need to check).

Comes with the Topo DVD for more accurate mapping over the base map.

Looking for £300 which will include delivery by Special Delivery. Payment by BT please.

OP
OP
P

py6km

No interest?

SonofSid

Can I register interest but ask about the price? Can get it new here for £254. Afraid I don't know what the 'Topo DVD' is or how much it is new - does that account for the asking price of £300? Any more info appreciated.
Cheers

OP
OP
P

py6km

Hi - yes, the Topo DVD accounts for the extra. The 'basic' 705 comes with a base map which is low detail. The Topo DVD contains OS mapping for the whole of the UK so that any region that you will be cycling in can be uploaded tot he device giving you tons more detail on the display than you would otherwise get. Last time I checked the DVD was about £130 I think.

dodgy

It's not OS mapping, just trying to keep you from accidentally misinforming a potential buyer :evil:

OP
OP
P

py6km

Actually, yes you're right, slip of the finger - it isn't OS mapping (like on a Satmap etc), but data is provided by OS - it gives a much higher level of detail than you get in the base mapping supplied on the device. Take a look here.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
py6km said:
Actually, yes you're right, slip of the finger - it isn't OS mapping (like on a Satmap etc), but data is provided by OS - it gives a much higher level of detail than you get in the base mapping supplied on the device. Take a look here.

I got £70 on eBay for my TOPO DVD so you might wanna consider selling as seperates, It got snapped up so maybe I should have put the price higher.

Top Bottom