Garmin edge navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Hi everyone, I haven’t used the 820 Edges navigation before, but will it track a ride as well if I’m using the navigation feature?

I’m currently near Allemond and have saved some routes, hopefully I will get a ride in tomorrow.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hi everyone, I haven’t used the 820 Edges navigation before, but will it track a ride as well if I’m using the navigation feature?

I’m currently near Allemond and have saved some routes, hopefully I will get a ride in tomorrow.

Yes.

I don't actually know the 820 so I won't say any more because there are so many Garmin devices of different ranges and ages, but yes it will track and navigate at the same time.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Yes.

I don't actually know the 820 so I won't say any more because there are so many Garmin devices of different ranges and ages, but yes it will track and navigate at the same time.

Excellent thanks mate, I have a good old fashioned map as well, but it’s just easier if it works on the Garmin.

I’m hoping the rain holds off, as some utterly brilliant climbs and views here.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Ran out of time and energy, I will try again in a few days, it was harder than I anticipated.

Kinda mad I didn’t make it to Lac de Grand Maison, I will leave earlier next time and fuel up better.

I will tackle something a little flatter tomorrow.

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_5535.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Wow, what amazing place to ride.

But let's forget about trivial matters like that - what about the GPS? Did it navigate OK? We can see that the ride was recorded.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lovely part of the world. My first ever foreign trip abroad many, many moons ago was to Grenoble and Allemond. Will you be doing Alpe d'Huez?

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Wow, what amazing place to ride.

But let's forget about trivial matters like that - what about the GPS? Did it navigate OK? We can see that the ride was recorded.

It seemed to work fine, it wasn’t a complicated route though.

It said satellite connection lost twice as well, but it all seems there.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Lovely part of the world. My first ever foreign trip abroad many, many moons ago was to Grenoble and Allemond. Will you be doing Alpe d'Huez?

I’m tempted, we drove up there for the kids to look around and use the toboggan run.

It looks tough challenge, I’m a coward on descents as well lol.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I’m tempted, we drove up there for the kids to look around and use the toboggan run.

It looks tough challenge, I’m a coward on descents as well lol.

I've never cycled it, its on my bucket list. I love climbing, longer the climb, the better. Descent's... I'm a wuss too.

Top Bottom