Garmin edge screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A bit of an ask I know😵
Been given a Garmin edge touring plus but the touch screen is cracked.
Has anyone got a suitable one lieing around ? Looks like it is an edge 800 screen

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
A few on ebay

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is it not working as it is? I have the same Garmin and screen has cracked almost vertically from top to near the bottom but is still working fine. I thought it was scratched at first. Not aware of the screen being hit or the unit dropped so don't know why/how it got cracked. Not even actually sure if it is the screen or a cover glass that is replaceable separately so will be interested to know how you get on with this.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Is it not working as it is? I have the same Garmin and screen has cracked almost vertically from top to near the bottom but is still working fine. I thought it was scratched at first. Not aware of the screen being hit or the unit dropped so don't know why/how it got cracked. Not even actually sure if it is the screen or a cover glass that is replaceable separately so will be interested to know how you get on with this.
I have had my 800 apart when i changed the battery , the cover screen is in the upper case , then the actual screen that displays the data is underneath.You can buy replacement touch screens that you install in the upper case or you can buy the upper case with a screen already installed .
I was just asking around in case anyone had a dead one with a screen that was good i could scavenge for parts .
It does work but my OCD doesnt like it :smile:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Here’s my account of changing A chassis on an 810, using a £15 replacement from Russia.

a year on, still going strong

changing screen will be same process

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/garmin-810-repair-successful.251472/
I can get a new screen for £18 or a new front with screen for £25 ish I have already taken the front off and had a look but not sure how to get the old screen out as all the videos I have seen are for the complete front

Top Bottom