Garmin Edge Tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

man in black

Just a quick question.
If I download a route and follow it on my Garmin, will it automatically record the route for me to syc later after the ride?

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Certainly does with the 1000, so can't see why not.

<cough> Providing you remember to actually start recording the ride.

OP
OP
M

man in black

Thanks Piemaster, I am doing a sportive tomorrow and they sent me a gpx file first time I have used it to follow a route, so checking it will record it too.

young Ed

Veteran
as for importing it to the garmin, plug garmin and go to my computer. open up either the garmin folder or the memory card folder and then open up the folder called new files, it should be empty. put the .GPX file in the file called 'new files' close down the folders on the pc and unplug garmin. start the garmin up and under where to from the home screen click on saved items or what ever it is, under there should be your route
if some of the folder names are wrong you'll have to excuse me as i don't have the garmin to hand ATM

do that tonight as it can take a bit of playing about to get it right the first few times so import the route and check it's on the garmin properly tonight.

as for recording whilst navigating, yes. simply set the navigation as above and then simply start riding and press the physical play/pause button as normal to start and stop recording, simples :smile:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
M

man in black

Thanks for that Ed, I have mastered the download, never done a route from any off them as yet. Tomorrow will be the first! Just a shame the forecast is rain.

Top Bottom