Garmin edge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaferanga

Veteran
The 200 is near the same as the 500 except without cadence and hrm.

+1

Don't waste your money on an Edge 200 - get an Edge 500 (I only paid £100 for mine). I know several people who bought an Edge 605 thinking they'd never need cadence or HR who ended up selling it and getting a 705.

Chrisz

Über Member
I fancied an 800 when they first came out (and before my credit cards/rating went into meltdown) - to replace my 500. But, the 500 is a huge improvement on the 305 in terms of aesthetics. It's a pretty dinky unit thet fits nicely on the centrepoint (Cinelli Ram bars) whereas anything bigger (305 or 800) would have been to heavy (possibly) and definitely too bulky so would have had to be mounted on the stem part of my bars :sad:

Having said that, if I could come to terms with the slightly untidy look of a big box on my stem I may just get one anyway.

And, if anyone fancies a Silver 500, buy a red one and I'll do you a swap (with cash :smile:

Albert

Über Member
I have found the 705 to be excellent in all respects except for its performance in very cold (0*c) conditions, where the altimeter goes haywire at over 1000ft. I stick it somewhere warm for a few minutes and it works fine until it gets cold again.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I fancied an 800 when they first came out (and before my credit cards/rating went into meltdown) - to replace my 500. But, the 500 is a huge improvement on the 305 in terms of aesthetics. It's a pretty dinky unit thet fits nicely on the centrepoint (Cinelli Ram bars) whereas anything bigger (305 or 800) would have been to heavy (possibly) and definitely too bulky so would have had to be mounted on the stem part of my bars :sad:

Having said that, if I could come to terms with the slightly untidy look of a big box on my stem I may just get one anyway.

And, if anyone fancies a Silver 500, buy a red one and I'll do you a swap (with cash :smile:
A computer looks best mounted on the stem, or if you are a fred.. like this
Leopard007p.jpg

stu1903

Über Member
I have the 705 and love it. Never had any problems with it switching off or any problems at all to be honest.

Love the look of the 800 but budget doen't allow for it so will be sticking with the 705 for the moment.

amaferanga

Veteran
My Edge is attached using one of these:

p8041_250.jpg

Puts it in the same position as the two above - much easier to glance down at and it look much better than if it were bar or stem mounted. I cut down the carbon bit so it just fits the Edge mount and it looks really neat.

My Edge is attached using one of these:

p8041_250.jpg

Puts it in the same position as the two above - much easier to glance down at and it look much better than if it were bar or stem mounted. I cut down the carbon bit so it just fits the Edge mount and it looks really neat.

humm good thinking? What is that called??

Top Bottom