Garmin Error on Top Speed - Is it possible to fix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
I went out for a quick spin this morning and when I uploaded my ride I notice I had a maximum speed of 3215.9 mph. Pretty impressive eh? Even Cavendish would struggle to keep up with me.

So assuming for a second that I'm not capable of travelling at Mach 4, does anyone know if it is possible to eliminate these points of a Garmin file? I have the Garmin Edge 705. Most of the time I love it, but every now and again, I get an off the scale point like this one for either speed or heartbeat.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Don't know about the file types the Edge produces, but I've had (very occasionally) a similar issue with my Legend and if I CBA to fix it on the file ( can't think why I would) I reckon I could do it in Mapsource by deleting a line or two of trackpoints in the GPX file, as in my case the track wandered slowly away from reality and then jumped at warp speed back to where I thought I was. Don't know if you can do that in Training Center or whatever they call it for the Edge models, but otherwise maybe use GPSBabel to convert to TCX to GPX, Use a text editor like Wordpad to f*ck-up edit the XML file then change it back to TCX ?

Top Bottom