Garmin explore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
My garmin downloaded a run as an indoor run , on garmin connect it showed the map of the start to the finish. Another issue is that it refuses to upload , could take 5or 6 attempts . Always good to have a backup device when away . Will send an email to garmin uk to find out about a fix.

Screenshot_20230319-154306.png

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I always have my Garmin 1030, my phone and 2 Wahoo Bolts. I usually just use a Wahoo Bolt and it never goes wrong.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Its a 1st world problem, has a good display and battery is fine just the end of day upload is annoying. Backup is a 520 and a GPSMAP 66sr with contour mapping and a massive run time if needed in expedition mode if i cant recharge the other 2 units.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is it worth a reset. I'm assuming it's a newer Explore that's been out a couple of years that bluetooth's to your phone. It usually tells you it's connected as you switch on, but if it loses that you can connect on your phone's Garmin app - worth switching the device off and on first. It's rare that mine looses connection.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
I thought that but when i looked at Garmin Connect to check again the map of the ride was correct. Perhaps it was sitting too long in the full sun and it caused a problem. Back home soon will try a reset ,if that doesn't solve the issue might try my luck and send back for an exchange and ask if i can pay the difference for the newer version.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
daft question is the setting on your garmin set to an indoor training in your profile ?

I did once have a problem when my Oregon was synching walks, recorded using the "Hiking" profile as "Road Cycling". It was ages ago but I think I sorted it out. I just can't remember how.

This is my entry for the "least helpful post" award.

Top Bottom