garmin gps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
PaulB said:
Been using a Garmin 305 for more than a year now and I love it. I especially love the data you download on the computer when you've finished your ride as it gives you time, distance, profile, pulse, max and average HR, min-max and average speed, fastest mile/kilometer, alsorts. I love it, personally.
+ 1, although I've had mine less than a year. I also like being able to record Laps ;)

i have got a Garmin edge 605, a great tool to have so you can just get on your bike and go where you have before and if you get lost then click home button and it takes you home you can also add courses to them and it tells you where to go what turn, how long it takes you cant beat this handy piece of kit

jay clock

Massive member
I have a Forerunner 305 for cycling and running. For cycling the main use is measuring distance etc but I also can download the routes into Google maps...excellent

jimboalee

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

The bad news is:- My eTrex Legend gave up the ghost. It switches off after about 5 seconds. Any batteries and even on the bench power supply at 2.8V.

It runs on the USB cable, but that's not much use on my bike.

The not so bad news is it runs on the Car Cable in the USB jack, so it is now permanently in the car.

Good news:- Ordered an Edge 605,,, Amazon £182. Yippee, dispensed with that infernal rubber band that was so much grief on the Legend.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Had a vista for a while - stopped me getting lost though I do take a map too. Now have a Garmin 60CSx whiuch I use for hiking/walking - far better reception for gps signal, mind you the vista is fairly old now (B&W screen probably obsiolete) but provided you aren't in a wood it worked fine.

Top Bottom