'garmin' on nicely...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
:shy: it's early, i had a bad night's sleep. excuse the title. i thought i'd just pop in to say, 'Hi CC'ers!' :hello:
had a lovely, if quite breezy, ride out sunday morning. was on the road about half 7 and just as i was getting set to hit the first A road, a lad cycles up beside me. 'going my way, to the club run?', he asks...'no, just off out', was my reply. we have a chat for a couple of minutes at which point he decides to get a move on and promptly leaves me in his wake. well, i could still see him but he put easily 500 metres between us quite quickly. one of the reasons i don't yet feel strong enough a rider to do a proper cycle club type thing. anyhoo...i carry on my merry way and have an immensely pleasurable 25 mile ride, nodding recognition and saying a cheery, 'hi', to the many other riders that were out and about and only getting one close pass from an hgv...who, to be fair, did toot me a warning as he approached. i got a garmin edge 500 last week as i was getting annoyed (and worried) about having to carry my phone in my jersey pockets. it's great, the connect aspect of it is pretty awesome. i'm sure it's highly inaccurate though as it clocked me averaging just 15mph for the 25 miles with a top speed of 28mph :ohmy: - on one section of the ride i felt like i was charging along so that top speed was disappointing but hey-ho...even though my legs were a bit crampy last night, they're not sore this morning and that my fellow CC'ers, is the end of the tale :smile:

Nebulous

Guru
Beware - you'll get sucked into the seductiveness of 'average speed.' There's nothing takes over your life more, average per ride, per week, per month, per year. Then again it's remarkably pleasing when it is going the right way!

Top Bottom