Garmin Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark pallister

Before i went out for a ride today i checked my Garmin Edge 130 for charge and it said sixty percent.Twenty five miles into the ride and i noticed that the battery was low and then five miles later it died not far from home.
When i got home i put it on charge using USB and within a few minute it was showing three bars out of four and i managed to recover my ride.
What is strange here is that the battery shouldn't have run out on if i only had done thirty three miles and why was it when i put it on charge it was showing three quarters full within a few minutes.?
I am wondering if the cold weather could have affected it?

I had a brand new one years ago and it would never do more than 45 mls on a full charge
worst garmin I ever had for battery life

deuxfois

I'm pretty sure the Garmin doesn't need to be exposed on the handlebar in order for it to record a ride; I've carried mine in my pocket when using a bike without a mounting bracket, and was able to download the ride successfully. In very cold conditions you could lodge your gizmo in a warm spot close to your body and still record your ride. OK, not much use for navigation when it's out of sight, but worth considering. Probably a good idea to find satellites before you stash it, though?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a brand new one years ago and it would never do more than 45 mls on a full charge
worst garmin I ever had for battery life

odd , did 110 miles one mine last year left on all day and it lasted

i also bought one of those rubber covers and i found it kept some of the chill off when it was sub zero which helped a bit

Top Bottom