Garmin /strava error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just been on a ride today with the club that totalled 45 miles but when i uploaded to strava it says i only did 31.9 miles.
Seems that it is only uploading the ride up to the cake stop where the garmin lost the gps signal and switched off .When i came out the garmin was off and when i started it up again it said resume so i did and it seemed to record the rest of the mile as shown in the total ride distance but the course map only shows the ride to the cake stop .
Anyone else ever had this problem ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No, Strava has usually picked up the rest. See what Garmin Connect picks up ? Have you checked it hasn't split the ride.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Had it once like this a while ago, but when I uploaded to Connect it was all there as it should of been (just didn't display the charts on the RHS like normal though)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Update ..
Your request (xxxxxx) has been updated.
To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Travis Robison, Feb 05 03:49 pm (PST):
Hello,
Strange. The problem is that the file appears truncated and is actually missing the last part of the activity. I'm not sure why this is. I uploaded the file to Garmin Connect and then exported the TCX file to verify. The file header shows the complete distance of 45 miles. However, if you look down to the last point in the file, it indicates that the complete distance to that point is only 31 miles. And there aren't any GPS points past the 31 mile mark. So somehow, the device captured the distance but isn't outputting it into the file. I'm not sure how this could have happened but you may want to contact Garmin support about this issue.

Top Bottom