Garmin Varia price drops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad I squeezed a few more months out of my square garmin varia rear - they were around £160 a few months back - around £130 now ...everywhere .......is this just a price drop are are these soon to be replaced by new models ? - the one with the camera has also dropped quite significantly - mind you it was ridiculously priced in the first place....

vickster

Legendary Member
Black Friday deals?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Glad I squeezed a few more months out of my square garmin varia rear - they were around £160 a few months back - around £130 now ...everywhere .......is this just a price drop are are these soon to be replaced by new models ? - the one with the camera has also dropped quite significantly - mind you it was ridiculously priced in the first place....

Before you dive in and get the one with the camera, check out DC Rainmaker's review. I recall the words "dumpster fire"

The regular one is great. It's just that the camera is reportedly shonky and the accompanying photo software unusable.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Before you dive in and get the one with the camera, check out DC Rainmaker's review. I recall the words "dumpster fire"

The regular one is great. It's just that the camera is reportedly shonky and the accompanying photo software unusable.

oh no - I won't be getting the camera one - be like 007 if I have more gadgets on my bike !!!!!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Black Friday deals?

Theve been this price for around a week now - was hoping they might drop further today ......

Black friday seems to be any friday between bonfire night and christmas ......and sometimes its not even a friday !!!!

Dadam

Damn I was really tempted to get the camera one. I love the 515 and was thinking about a rear camera but don't want yet another gadget to remember to charge, and to unclip when locking the bike. That 30s clip length is ridiculous, I've used several car dashcams (inexpensive off-brand Chinese) and a Cycliq front cam, plus an off brand action cam with dashcam mode, and they all have configurable clip length (something like 1/3/5 minutes)
Might wait for v2.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Damn I was really tempted to get the camera one. I love the 515 and was thinking about a rear camera but don't want yet another gadget to remember to charge, and to unclip when locking the bike. That 30s clip length is ridiculous, I've used several car dashcams (inexpensive off-brand Chinese) and a Cycliq front cam, plus an off brand action cam with dashcam mode, and they all have configurable clip length (something like 1/3/5 minutes)
Might wait for v2.

the too loo or something is supposed to be a decent rear camera/light - but doesn't do radar

vickster

Legendary Member
Theve been this price for around a week now - was hoping they might drop further today ......

Black friday seems to be any friday between bonfire night and christmas ......and sometimes its not even a friday !!!!

Technically it’s next Friday, day after thanksgiving but retailers now see it as a way to get Christmas shopping underway in November

Emanresu

I can never understand the appeal of a rear camera. What is the appeal of a camera when you've been rear ended or nudged off the bike?

I must be missing something.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I can never understand the appeal of a rear camera. What is the appeal of a camera when you've been rear ended or nudged off the bike?

I must be missing something.

Not sure if serious ......

But just in case it gives you rock solid evidence in case the worst happens.

It doesn't make any less likely but that's not the point of it.

Top Bottom