Gas Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
Just seen that my gas DD has gone up this month by 55.8% !!! Last time I had anything from Scottish gas it was a letter saying how competitive their prices are etc etc

Time for an on line comparison I think.

Maz

Guru
55%? What a price hike. Did you get a letter from them telling you about the increases?
Funnily enough, last week there was a door-to-door salesman determined to convince me that Scottish Power was the cheapest elec/gas supplier in the UK and was eager to get me signed up. I declined, even though he said there was a 'cooling off' period of 7 days if I changed my mind.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Our standing order has just been increased from £85 a month to £175 a month and we're only £65 behind at the moment. We do have a gas Aga, but that's an outrageous increase.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
£85 to £175 !!! kinell! Thought mine was a bit steep at £43 to £67.

I can't recall a letter saying that prices were going up by that much - maybe they sent one and disguised it as a "we're the last to put our prices up and by the smallest amount etc etc" but no, I don't recall anything.

I tried to call them to see whether I'd somehow underpaid (by variable direct debit)but got stuck with a robot for 10-15 mins or so. I'll be off to another supplier soon.

Maz

Guru
I prefer to pay by quarterly DD. Although a standing order would help spread the cost, I don't like the idea of handing over more money than I have to, then getting a refund etc.

Chris James

Über Member
It will be a small comment at the bottom of your last bill.

I felt equally upset when they changed the direct debit from £90 to £110 without telling me (as I thought).

When the next bill came I saw the section in question and was happier that they had reduced it again down to about £80!

Chris James

Über Member
fossyant said:
We are slightly up on ours, that's £45 month (newish house) but leccy is £65....FFS I'll have to keep my eye out.............

My figures were for both gas and electric combined so it sounds like you already pay a fair bit.

I think Rigid Raider is up against it with an AGA. My in laws have a gas AGA in their bungalow (not much roof insulation and no cavity wall insulation) - they pay £250 a month for gas and elctricity!!

longers

Legendary Member
Gritish Bas are allowing you to fix your prices until 2012.

I've just set up a monthly DD for £32 per month gas and leccy combined.

Top Bottom