gathering of the recumbent 22/5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
I am doing a mini trikeonaut holiday, 20th to the 23rd so will be in castelton / hathersige on the 22nd just wondering if a ride up to the top of ladybower or any of the surrounding villagers would interest anyone? :smile:

the list
Redmountduo and Trikaholic John and Dawn Redmount roller
trickletreat and son
plantfit roger
3tyretrackterry trice explorer
me on the quest

the ride will be,the travellers rest to the end of lady bower total clime of about 1120ft 11.5 miles coming back 1100ft of dissent
icon_smile_big.gif
for a total of 22 miles, all on back roads and around the dam the road is closed to cars
9:30 for a 10:00 am launch

The Travellers Rest,
Brough Lane Head, Brough, Nr. Bradwell,
Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S33 9HG
http://www.sallydog.co.uk/travellersrest/

Would imagine that the Redmountduo and Trikaholic would be up for this one.

trickletreat

Veteran
Hi guys,

We are away the weekends either side of this, but might be able to do a ride on the Saturday/ Sunday if we get are act together on the Saturday/Sunday...so a possible maybe:smile:

3tyretrackterry

i may be up for that depending on FIL car and wether i can borrow it

Hathersage is nearer for me by 10 mile at 1hr 28min
castleton will take me 1hr 43 min
these times according to aa route finder

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
pick one

ok i was thinking of setting off from the travellers rest on hope road.
then bradwell, wardlow, eyam, hathersage and back to the travellers total 16miles 1200ft of climbing there is a good café at wardlow and a real ale pub.:cheers:
or the travellers to the end of lady bower total clime of about 1120ft 11.5 miles coming back 1100ft of dissent :biggrin: for a total of 22 miles, all on back roads and around the dam the road is closed to cars.

or set-off from the bottom of the dam (a6013) 17miles 750ft of clime. 50% on closed road

all a 10am set off

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
any one having a problem with the date of this ride there will be one on Sunday 13th of June.

:biggrin: tikeonauts will always do it horizontally

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
the list
Redmountduo and Trikaholic John and Dawn Redmount roller
trickletreat and son
plantfit roger
3tyretrackterry trice explorer
me on the quest

the ride will be,the travellers rest to the end of lady bower total clime of about 1120ft 11.5 miles coming back 1100ft of dissent
icon_smile_big.gif
for a total of 22 miles, all on back roads and around the dam the road is closed to cars
9:30 for a 10:00 am launch

The Travellers Rest,
Brough Lane Head, Brough, Nr. Bradwell,
Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S33 9HG
http://www.sallydog.co.uk/travellersrest/

plantfit

Guru
Hi Mark and all the other trike pilots,

looks like I've been volunteered to work on the 22nd but it looks like I can make the 13th, fingers crossed

Roger

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
trickletreat said:
Sorry guys, not able to come and play as my transporter has let me down.
Nigel

we are setting off 200 yards from the train station. you would have to set off at 7:30 and change trains three times. :biggrin:
never mind i hope you can make the next one. or there will be York rally on weekend of 18th June there will be ride outs all weekend :laugh:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
all packed up and ready for tomorrow. i will be off for about 9am, so will be away from computer until Sunday. for anyone coming on Saturday please bring soup and socks but no holey medals :sad:

Top Bottom