Gatorskin Hardshell or Grand Pix 4 Seasons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

line71

Ok,this has probably been covered elsewhere but what is the difference between these tyres and would continental gatorskins be a compromise choice over the 2 of them

Kies

Hardshells are obviously better for puncture protection, but can be skittish in the wet. GP 4 seasons would be my choice

AndyPeace

I have run both Grandprix 4 seasons and Gatorskins (but not hardshells). Some people have mentioned them being skittish in the wet, I don't find that. They do take some wearing in but give ample grip. Current set is on 7,000miles. Run them all winter on rural lanes, for commutes and lesuire, through the endless rain, wind and local flooding. No problems. 4season tires give supreme grip, imo at the cost of speed...better suited to cold winters. They are less reliable than the gators puncture wise and for me have a shorter lifespan.

U

User482

I find the gatorskins are terrible in the wet and deaden the ride. Much happier with the GP4s I have now.

Never found gators that bad in the wet myself, maybe folk who say so have them pumped up to high and/or lean too much. Did find though as with 4seasons they cost too much and I investigated Mitchelin, krylion Carbons (now called Pro 4 Endurance) are my preferred rubber at this time of year.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I find the gatorskins are terrible in the wet and deaden the ride. Much happier with the GP4s I have now.
I can identify with a certain "deadening" on gatorskins hardshells. But I've never encountered any of the terrible in the wet stuff.

Top Bottom